About various aspects of our faith—our gathering, leadership, the role of Jesus in our lives, and the essence of Christian life. Let’s dig in.
The Importance of Gathering
- A Miracle in Europe:
Look around you. To have you all here on a Thursday is nothing short of a miracle. As the Good Book says in Hebrews 10:25, “not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another.”
Leadership & Planning in Ministry
- Future Plans:
I’m excited to share that we’ve got leadership meetings and church plans for the UK coming up. As Proverbs 16:3 encourages us, “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”
The Importance of Preaching
- Necessity of Certain Messages:
There are messages that I, too, struggle with, but I must preach them. Remember 2 Timothy 4:2? “Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season.”
Revelation of Jesus Christ
- The Question of Identity:
Remember that moment when Jesus asked Peter, “Who do you say I am?” Peter had a revelation. He said, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:15-16). What is your revelation of Jesus?
Salvation and Belief
- The Power of Confession: Romans 10:9 lays it down clearly. “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
Eternal Life and Righteousness
- Nature of God: We’re not just saved, we partake in the very nature of God, His righteousness and eternal life. Romans 3:22 states, “This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.”
Wholeness in Jesus
- Being Whole: When you come to Jesus, you don’t just get piecemeal benefits. Colossians 2:10 says, “and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.”
- Meaning of “Sozo”: The Greek word “Sozo” encapsulates salvation, healing, and wholeness. 1 Peter 2:24 says, “He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness.”
We’ve covered a lot of ground, but the essence remains—Jesus is the focal point of our lives, and we have responsibilities as believers. Take these truths and let them soak into your life. God bless you all.