The Unpardonable sin is for who?
Unforgiven sin is for who?
New King James Version (NKJV)
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
Its in the context of, Jews constantly Rejecting Jesus
- Rejecting Jesus, Greater than any Prophets
- Rejecting Jesus, Greater than any Priests
- Rejecting Jesus, Greater than any Kings
“Matthew written for Jews”
Jews constantly rejected Jesus, so Jesus spoke
- “the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men”
- “whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him”
So, This is not for the Believers
Blasphemy against the Spirit:
- You became a believer only after accepting Jesus
- Blasphemy against the Spirit means not accepting Jesus ( knowingly/willingly rejecting Jesus after seeing all His works )
- This is for Jews at that time, who saw the works of Jesus and rejected Him
- This might not be even for Present Jews
- This might not be even for Present Unbelievers
Cities which were happen to “Blasphemy against Holy Spirit”
World English Bible (WEB)
20 Then he began to denounce the cities in which most of his mighty works had been done, because they didn’t repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon which were done in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. 23 You, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, you will go down to Hades. For if the mighty works had been done in Sodom which were done in you, it would have remained until today. 24 But I tell you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom, on the day of judgment, than for you.”
25 At that time, Jesus answered, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. 26 Yes, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father. No one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son desires to reveal him.
28 “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find ( NOT GIVEN ) rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- First time Woe is used
- First time come to me is used
- Jesus even giving thanks at all time
- If Jesus is humble, let us all be humble
- Reason why you are not restless
- Secret of all restless is because of Pride.
Cities which will not be tolerable
- When the light was shining, above cities refused to accept.
- So for the places where the light didn’t shine, those cities would prevail
Cities which will prevail
- Tyre – Tiberias
Nature of Babies to trust
- Be like babies
Strange Work and Strange Act
- Read more about Strange work and Strange Act
World English Bible (WEB)
8 He has shown you, O man, what is good.
What does Yahweh require of you, but to act justly,
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?