Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. 18 Then behold, men brought on a bed a man who was paralyzed, whom they sought to bring in and lay before Him. 19 And when they could not find how they might bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the housetop and let him down with his bed through the tiling into the midst before Jesus.
20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.”
21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? 23 Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’? 24 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
25 Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God. 26 And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!”
- as He was teaching : active indicative tense in Greek. While was continually preaching
- And the power of the Lord was present to heal them : the power of the Lord is in active indicative tense in Greek, actively the power of the Lord was delivered to ALL of them to heal them
- “Who can forgive sins but God alone?” : Pharisees trying to keep God in heaven and people apart, that Pharisees could be in-between them and increase their own requirements/value
- power on earth to forgive sins : When Jesus told power on earth, it was contradiction to Pharisees as they thought God can only be in heaven and heal from heaven.
- Son of Man : Jesus became Son of Man to make us the sons of God
- Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’?
The Word Becomes Flesh
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”
16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
Drawing His fullness
- When we behold Jesus, we get transformed from glory to glory.
- Realizing that we are empty and drawing from His fullness makes him refreshed
- Jesus was refreshed near the well when He ministered to the woman
- Drawing His fullness on to our emptiness is faith.
Bartimaeus blind near Jericho
- Bartimaeus (in original language means “Son of Timaeus”), Blind man
- Even though he is blind he discerned that Jesus is the one who God spoke in the garden of Eden “the Seed of the women will crush the serpants head”, God told to Abraham “in your Seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed” and to David God told “a Seed will arise from your line, and His throne will no more end and His government will no more cease”
- Bartimaeus discerns His fullness
- It’s not with physical eyes
- He shouted “Jesus Son of David, have mercy on me”, but disciples stopped him shouting.
- Joshua prayed “let the sun stand still and moon”, verified by scientists, long day
- Same God stopped and turned when the blind man called him, somebody understood His fullness
- Jesus healed him
- Children brought to Jesus, disciples stopped them
- Bring Children to the fullness
- To behold his grace is to behold his glory
- Righteousness is contagious in New Testament
- Jesus touched the lepour
- Jehosepheth, “His Grace endured for ever” God fought with his enemies
- Baraka valley, valley of blessing.
- When song is about his Grace, you will be living in the valley of blessing
- Your trouble might be bigger, but if you praise for His grace endures forever, everything will be solved. For the battle is Gods
- He came to the house of levi
- He came to the house of martha and marry
- He invited him to the house of zakeus
- Always leaving a blessing behind
David knew the secret
- Psalsm 117 what will i render to the lord for all the benefits for the Lord has given me
- “I will take the cup of salvation”, David says in the next verse
- How you say thank you to the Lord, by taking some more from Him
Supply was greater than the demand
Women in Debt
- Husband died, Debtor came to take her children away
- Asked help from the man of God
- Get more vessels
- They got more vessels
- Pored oil, until vessels full
- one of the son said “Thats all we borrowed”
- Supply was greater than the demand
- God never stopped filling
- They stopped
Jesus multiplying loaves and Fishes
- Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes , gave to the People as much as they would.
- The moment they are full, the supply stopped.
- When the supply stopped, 12 basket full left over